94 Deville Key Fob Doesn't Work Alarm Does Off Car Wont Start

Discussion in 'Auto Repair' started by fault code, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fault code

fault code Administrator Staff Member

The alarm on the car was set but the remote broke and won't turn the alarm off. How do I get the alarm off so I can drive to work The alarm system on the car set itself and the remote refuses to work the car still will start but the alarm won't stop I cut the car off wait 5 minutes and the alarm cuts off how do I get alarm off so it won't go off everytime I touch the car.

FACTORYJACK Replies

Try turning a key in the door lock cylinder in the unlock direction, There is a switch on the door cylinder that should disable the content theft deterrent alarm. Here is the hitch, if that switch is malfunctioning, it may not work. I don't remember if there is a passenger door lock cylinder, but if there is and the driver doesn't work, try the same procedure in the passenger door.

JACOBANDNICKOLAS Replies

I hate to say it, but you need it checked by a dealer to confirm what the problem is. They have the proper test equipment. Anything I would say would be a guess.

My security light is on and flashing, wont let me start the car and keep it running, how do i turn the security system off or reset it?

Leavethe key in the ignition, turned to 'run' (just before the crankposition) and leave it there for about 15 minutes-the security lightwill then stop flashing-do NOT turn it off, turn it to crank and startthe car.You have a security module that is not seeing the same resistance inthe ignition switch as it expects, meaning you will have to eitherreplace the ignition switch (expensive) or bypass the module (easy andinexpensive)-I have done lots of these, requires about 15 cents worthof parts and can be done in 1/2 hour.

How to Disable a Car Alarm

Car alarms can be shut off by starting the car, unlocking the car door, or disconnecting the battery. Maintain your key fob to cancel future alarms.

There are few things more embarrassing (or more annoying, if it’s a neighbor’s car) than a car alarm that won’t shut off. There are a number of reasons that a car alarm won’t turn off, and a few different methods you can use to silence the shrieking – and end the embarrassment.

Part 1 of 1: Turning off a car alarm
    Materials Needed

• Needle nose pliers (or a fuse-pulling tool)
    • Owner’s manual
    Step 1: Familiarize yourself with the alarm. While it may not seem to be the ideal time to be reading your owner’s manual, in many cases user error is the problem. Verify you are following the correct procedure to shut the alarm off.

Step 2: Start the car. Put the key in the ignition and try to start the car. Almost all alarms, both factory installed and aftermarket systems, will shut off and reset when the car is started.

Step 3: Use your key to unlock the driver’s door. This will usually turn off and reset the alarm. In the event that the driver’s side door is already unlocked, lock the door and then unlock it again.

Step 4: Pull the fuse. A factory-installed alarm will have a fuse in the fuse box; pull the fuseto cut the circuit and shut down the alarm.

Look for the fuse box on the left hand side of the steering column. Fuse boxes usually have a fuse diagram on the lid of the fuse box.

Most alarm fuses have an alarm label on them. If the fuse is not labeled, consult your owner’s manual for the location of the alarm fuse.

• Tip: Some vehicles have multiple fuse boxes - check your owner’s manual for the location of the various fuse boxes.
    Remove the fuse. If the alarm shuts off, you have pulled the correct fuse. If the alarm doesn’t shut off, re-install the fuse and try another one until you find the correct fuse.

Once the alarm has shut down, reinstall the fuse and see if this resets the system. If the alarm starts up again, it is time to bring in a pro to repair it.

If the alarm system is an aftermarket item, look for the fuse in the engine compartment. Consult the owner’s manual if you cannot locate the fuse.

Step 5: Disconnect the battery. This is a last resort, as it will reset all of the electrical systems in the vehicle and your vehicle will not start until the battery is reconnected.

Disconnect the negative terminal (the black one) from your battery. The alarm should shut off immediately.

Wait a minute or two and reconnect the battery. Hopefully, the alarm has reset and will not start up again. If it does, try removing the battery cable again.

• Tip: If this does not work, leave the battery cable disconnected and contact a mechanic or alarm installer to repair the system.
    Step 6: Maintain your key fob. Most modern cars use a key fob to lock and unlock the doors and shut off your alarm. Unfortunately, the fob will not work if the batteries are dead, or it is simply not working.

• If you need to press the unlock or lock button of your fob a number of times before it works the battery is probably going dead and should be replaced. A malfunctioning fob should be replaced as soon as possible.
    Searches related to 94 deville key fob doesn't work alarm goes off car wont start

• 2001 cadillac deville wont start
    • anti theft system won't let my car start
    • anti theft wont let car start
    • cadillac deville anti theft reset
    • 1998 cadillac deville theft system problem car may not restart
    • 2000 cadillac deville wont start
    • 2001 cadillac deville security reset
    • 2002 cadillac deville wont start

2. fault code

fault code Administrator Staff Member

GM Passkey Security Systems: What You NEED To Know.

Back in 1986 the GM Passkey security systems, also known as immobilizers, were introduced. In doing so, an expensive time-bomb was implanted in each and every one of the affected vehicles. Given the impact of the GM Passkey systems in the years since they were introduced, it’s not really clear whether the intention was really to provide additional security, or to generate a new revenue stream.

GM PASSKey goes by many names

Over the years, GM has come up with a number of catchy names for these systems:

• Vehicle Anti-Theft System (VATS)
    • Personal Anti-theft Security System (PASSkey). To be precise, GM PASSkey I, PASSkey II, and – count them – PASSkey III.
    • PASSlock. After all, what good is a key without a lock?
    The disabling effect of GM PASSkey Systems

In spite of the efforts to make the systems, generally known in the industry as PASSkey Systems, sound effective and ever more advanced, they are really all pretty much the same.

It doesn’t really matter if the vehicle’s PASSkey System is controlled by a resistor in the key, by the Theft Deterrent Module (TDM), or by the Body Control Module (BDM).

One of the key attributes that all the GM PASSkey Security Systems share is that they systematically end up immobilizing cars, alright, making it impossible for their owners to start them!

Yes, the many versions may all look different, but they are all based on the same simple idea – so simple, in fact, that you could argue it’s not a suitable foundation for building a true security system.

Most importantly, they all end up immobilizing the host vehicle permanently and often before it is even 7 years old. In all cases, your friendly dealer will ask at least $1,000 to fix the problem – which will invariably strike again after some more time.

But wait a minute… what’s a car dealership’s core business? It’s not repairing obscure, crippling vehicle problems, at a reasonable price. It’s selling you a new vehicle, as often as humanly possible.

So even if your dealership were inclined to help you repair or replace the GM PASSkey Security System… well, what a coincidence, many of all those versions introduced over the years have been completely discontinued.

In the meantime, your car still won’t start, and that won’t change unless you have a way to disable or bypass the GM PASSkey System, and so far… you don’t. Nor do you have time to figure it out. And your time is money. Money on top of the taxpayer-funded bailout of GM in both the USA and Canada.

So what do you do end up doing? Maybe you junk the lame Chevy. Then you take out yet another loan to buy another one. That’s a perfectly happy ending to this story…. for the dealer, for GM, and for the bank.

Don’t get me wrong! What I hate is Passkey, not GM!

Look, don’t get me wrong. I love GM cars. Most of all, I love Buicks! I love the sound of the engine, the understated attitude, the size…. In fact, I love them so much, that I own two of them! You can even read about how I saved my ‘95 Buick LeSabre from the PASSkey trap. And I was recently lucky enough to get my hands on a rich gold 1970 Buick Electra in mint condition, no GM PASSkey Security System in that one, thank you very much!

An ounce of prevention….

Is worth a ton of cure. You remember that saying.

Remove the GM PASSkey “Security” System before it gets a chance to take out your vehicle. Seriously! Even (or especially) if it’s still starting every time, just do a full bypass of the PASSkey System with the NEWROCKIES Inc PRO Module and save yourself a great deal of money, time, and aggravation.